How to join a Zoom meeting is your first step in mastering not only your mental health, but Zoom is one of the best video meeting apps around to do it.
While a lot of us prefer human contact when it comes to our health, online therapy works and works surprisingly well. Better than even I expected it would. Just as long as you know how to join a Zoom meeting.
But if you’re struggling to make sense of it, you’ve come to the right place. My simple instructions will help you make that step to join your first Zoom meeting with me, Neil Cox. Ok, so depending on your personal circumstances, you will either need a laptop/desktop or a mobile device and to follow the relevant steps below… and of course if all else fails you’d expect me to always have a plan B. If you’ve used WhatsApp, I can too.
How to join a Zoom meeting on mobile (iPhone, Android)
- Download the Zoom app for iOS or for Android on Google Play, and set it up using your contact information.
- Open the mobile app.
- Tap on “Join a Meeting.”
- Enter the meeting ID and your name and set audio/video permissions.
- Tap on the meeting invite URL that I’ve shared via email, which will open the Zoom app. The app may ask for permission to use your phone’s camera.
Once you’re in the meeting, therapy can take place.
How to join a Zoom meeting on desktop via meeting invite link
- Click on the meeting invite URL that I have shared.
- Open the Zoom app.
- Approve the request for permission to use your computer’s audio and camera.
Depending on the meeting’s set-up, you may enter the meeting right away. But, if you’re early you may be placed into a waiting room that I control.
How to join a Zoom meeting on desktop by downloading the app
- Download the Zoom desktop app on your Mac or PC.
- Open the Zoom app.
- Click join a meeting.
- Enter the meeting ID from the meeting invite that I’ve shared via email, and set audio/video permissions.
How to join a Zoom meeting through a web browser
You don’t need to install any extra software to join or even host a Zoom meeting. You can do it all through a web browser, if that’s your preference.
- Click on the meeting invite URL that I’ve shared via email.
- A new tab will open on your preferred web browser. If you don’t have the Zoom desktop app installed, the page will urge you to download the app.
- Ignore that and skip down to the small print: “If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.”
- Click the highlighted text in “join from your browser”.
- Sign in with your name to join the meeting.
Again, depending on the meeting’s set-up, you may enter the meeting right away, or if you’re early you may be placed into a waiting room that I control.