Some strive for it
Some fear it
Some just naturally have it….
Five tips to boost your confidence and self-esteem…
- Teach people how to treat you. People treat you according to how you think about yourself. If you expect to be walked all over, dismissed and ignored, you most certainly will be. If you find that you need to teach people how to treat you, change the way you treat yourself.
- Keep a note of when your confidence is up, and also when it’s down. Who were you with? What was the situation? Simply becoming aware of your actions will make it easier to start changing them.
- Smile. People who are confident tend to smile more often. And we all know people are attracted to smiles.
- Focus. Keep focused on what you want, rather than what you don’t want. Our thoughts are more powerful than we realise, so keep it positive.
- Just do it. Take action, even though it may well be tough at first, keep going and never ever give in. It’s a fact that all new habits require persistence and repetition.
Learn from the experience.
Having confidence doesn’t mean that you should expect to succeed all the time or be perfect. Having self-esteem and confidence means that whether you make it or fail, you don’t take it as a reflection of your own personal self-worth. You learn from the experience and still value and respect yourself.
Negative content reduces confidence.
For one reason or another we unconsciously accept the negative or false input from influential or important figures in our early lives. That negative content reduces confidence and reinforces a low opinion of ourselves. Our thoughts really do influence our future experiences, with roughly a third of them being the same every day, what we repeat to ourselves has a huge impact on our confidence. This can affect some or all areas of our lives, including health, work and relationships.
It’s also important to realise that a lack of confidence or low self-esteem is a key part of anxiety, phobias, weight / eating disorders, depression and even addictions. So with an increase in your confidence and self-esteem brings a notable and effective route to making changes in your life.
How would you like to boost your confidence?
For further information on how solution focused hypnotherapy could get you making positive changes click here for more information.